Holy steam room Bathman!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 14th 2015
Published: May 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Bath. The weather forecast was for rain all day and they were spot on. We needed to catch a train at Paddington Station at 8:30, but we were a little behind schedule so we had to hustle it up through the tube network. We felt like real London commuters as we rushed down stairs and escalators and squeezed into the underground train. We boarded the train to Bath with 5 minutes to spare.

Bath is a 90 minute train ride from London. The city is awash in beautiful Georgian architecture. It is also the home of a Roman bath complex built over a hot spring. The folks there have done a great job with the presentations that really help to immerse the modern visitor in the Roman activities that went on there.

The Roman baths tour is awesome! We got to walk on low elevated walkways that go right over active dig sites. They have pulled up thousands of artifacts from grave markers to safety pins. By the end Brendan and I felt drained.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th May 2015

Very punny!
Very appropriate that you experienced showers when going to Bath.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb