Ideas for a Great Day out in Britain


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
November 10th 2014
Published: November 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Is there a special occasion looming on your calendar, like a significant birthday party or a wedding anniversary? Sometimes these occasions can be marked with an expensive meal, or a night out. But sometimes, something more is needed. Why not instead make a day of it and go for something you’ve not yet experienced? There are many different days out available to suit any taste. Here are several suggestions.

Go on a boat trip

Renting a boat is a fun day out and relatively speaking, an inexpensive one – provided that you have enough people to fill the boat. Coastalpursuits.co.uk are a Southampton-based company that offer a wide variety of boat trips for all occasions and skillsets. Whether you are looking for something hands-on, or something stress-free, there will be a package available to meet your needs.

For those wishing for a more traditional experience, there are a number of yachts available. These can be chartered either with a crew or without – depending on your previous yachting experience. For those wishing to splash out a little more, there are two motorboats available – the smaller of which accommodates six people, the larger twelve. The company provide a buffet and are licenced to serve alcohol. As such, this represents a nice relaxing day out for a group of friends and family.

Go bungee jumping

Short of skydiving, bungee jumping is the ultimate adrenaline-high. Unlike skydiving, it is inexpensive, as it does not require a plane – only a long piece of rubber, a high place and nerves of steel! There are a large number of companies which offer you the opportunity safely and securely. Both indoor and outdoor jumps are available, as well as tandem jumps.

Since its inception in the late seventies, the modern bungee-jump has become, as one might expect, highly-regulated, and highly-safe. This means that there are limited spaces available for every session, meaning that sessions will need to be booked in advance. Only adrenaline junkies and the like will enjoy bungee-jumping – if you’re that sort of person, you probably already know it. So if all of this sounds appealing, Why not go and book one right now?

Rent a supercar

Owning a supercar is, for many motorists, a dream. It’s usually among the first purchases planned, should that lottery jackpot ever arrive. This is unsurprising; who hasn’t been trundling along one of Britain’s motorways without at least dreaming about getting behind the wheel of something a little more powerful?

Owning and running a supercar is expensive and highly impractical and is a luxury therefore usually afforded only to the very rich and privileged. But that needn’t mean that the rest of us never get to experience what it’s like to drive one. Fortunately, there are a range of companies that allow us to do exactly that – albeit only for a few hours. A selection of Ferraris, Audis and Lamborghinis are available, along with the absurdly fast Ariel Atom, whose acceleration earned fame for warping Jeremy Clarkson’s face on Top Gear.

Go on a helicopter trip

As one might expect, renting a helicopter is considerably more expensive than renting a car or a boat, owing largely to the cost of buying and running a helicopter. Most companies offer around half-an-hour in the air. These experiences usually come in two sorts – lessons, for those wishing to learn to fly helicopters and sightseeing tours for those who wish only to take in the landscape from a new bird-like perspective.

Helicopter lessons consist mostly of being taught the interior of a helicopter and how they are able to fly. Unfortunately, as you might imagine, the interior of a helicopter is quite complex and so the actual time spent flying will be limited. This option should therefore only be considered in the case of people who are really serious about learning to fly a helicopter. Helicopter tours, on the other hand, are suited more toward those interested in the landscape and panoramic views than the actual practicalities of flying the helicopter. From high above, you can look down on the sweeping scenery like never before!

Go on a hot-air balloon trip

Hot air balloons are far less complex than planes and helicopters. They contain no moving parts and thus generate very little noise. Hot air balloon trips thus afford you the opportunity to float peacefully – aside from the occasional blast of fire overhead – through the clouds while drinking champagne, while taking in a splendid view of the countryside. Hot-air balloon rides take place regularly at sites across the country; transport costs are therefore minimal - it therefore represents a cheaper alternative to a helicopter ride.

Has this article given you some good ideas to try something new and exciting? – If so, what are you waiting for? Get out there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.058s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb