London Bound!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 11th 2014
Published: June 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The last big city on our long list of destinations, we will be in London for a week before racing back to Paris to fly home. With about 3 hours of driving we decided to break it up with a visit to Delapre Abbey near Northampton. Another of the old Abby estates that King Henry took from the church, this place is huge. The Abby building itself is under restoration but there is a beautiful walled garden that is tended meticulously by volunteers. The volunteers also staff the lovely tea rooms where we sat outside in the lovely sun to have tea and scones with jam and cream while Em had chocolate cake and hot chocolate too. We walked around the larger grounds which include a large lake and fed the last of our bread to the Canada geese, some ducks and a couple of big bully white swans. We also saw horses, rabbits and lots of squirrels before heading off to meet our hosts in London.

Back in big city traffic again, we negotiated our way past the central area without entering the congestion charge zone and found our little apartment without any trouble. It is the perfect size or us with two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs and a living/kitchen downstairs.

The adventure continues tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb