Baptist


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 31st 2013
Published: October 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Baptist formed in 1609 CE; it came into existence in England. There were 100 million followers, and they are common among Holland, England, and United States. They formed separate congregations which accepted only believers into their membership, and they baptized converts upon their profession of faith. Their opponents nicknamed them "Baptist", which is how they got their name.There are different types of Baptist because of the disagreements and different beliefs. The cosmology of Baptist is that Baptist emphasizes baptism by full immersion. Moreover, they are also monotheistic; they believed in Christian God. The devotion and ritual observance is baptism usually consists of lowering the candidate in water backwards, while a pastor recites a from the bible. This is also preferred for its parallel imagery to the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.The moral code is that Baptist churches use the following acronym as a summary of the common distinctive of Baptists:Biblical authority, Autonomy of the local church, Priesthood of the believer, Two ordinances (Believer's Baptism and Communion), Individual soul liberty,Separation of Church and State, and Two offices of the church (Pastor and Deacon).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb