April showers, May flowers


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 8th 2013
Published: May 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to spring. Finally we have had some good weather and I've managed to have a couple of BBQs. Its hard to image that less than a month ago it was near freezing and yesterday we had 22C. The twins are doing well and we have almost managed to potty train them, just have the nappy's at night to go. They love their little Thomas tank engine toilet seat.

We haven't really been up to that much since Christmas. Jo and I managed a night away in a hotel in London and also spent the day out during the school holidays. we went to Camden markets and had a meal at a pub which doesn't sound much but without the kids it was bliss. I know, we are so wild now!!! We also managed to go out for the first time in Beckenham village which is the closet high street to where we live. Felt out of place having not been out on a Saturday night for so long.

Jo's Mum came over at the school holidays from Poland and we managed a trip to Greenwich to see the renovated Cutty Sark and the Maritime museum. The kids loved the boats and all the models.

The new house is still keeping me busy with lots of DIY. I'm working on the back garden now and we need a new boiler and heating system before next winter. Having a car is great as we have managed to go on lots of little trips as a family. the latest was to a Roman villa. Basically just a nice walk in the country.



We are hoping for a great summer and are looking forward to driving to Poland in July. All the best and as always hope to hear from you soon.



Buck Family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



8th May 2013

hello
hi there, good to hear from and glad that all is going well. I have sold my house and hope to move in about 6 weeks. I have been looking back at my diary and photos - can't believe that I was over there 2 years ago. Will hopefully get back to UK one day!! Love to all.

Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb