The Wedding


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
July 15th 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

A traditional English wedding with a hint of German! The reason I say this is that while the wedding was held is Alice’s hometown of Aspley Guise the Grooms family are German. Although Mark grew up in Australia his parents are German and the majority of their family still live in Germany.

There were a lot of people from both sides of the family and friends who traveled some distance for this wedding which I think made it more of a special event.

This was the first church wedding I had been to in a very long time. The Vicar did a fantastic job, the best was I can describe the projection of his voice, is hire the “Four weddings and a Funeral” DVD. The ceremony went without hitch and a few tears from the audience.

From the Church we walked about 250 meter to Park House (the family backyard) for the receptions, where we were served Pims and Lemonade on arrival. The Marquee looked like Camelot, decorated with fairy lights and butterflies on the inside. The speeches were all lovely and you could really tell that both Mark and Alice parents were very proud of them.

Later in the evening - the Germans did an awesome puppet show to some opera music. I know I haven’t explained this with enough justice that it deserves for the effort that they put in. The best way is to have a look at the puppet show pictures and imagine the sock puppets singing to opera music.


To Mark and Alice,
Thanks so much for inviting us to share your very special day; we were so glad to have been there for such a joyous occasion. We wish you all the happiness, goodwill, and good health for your life together!
Love Nai and GD



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.553s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb