Home cooked meals and family gatherings in CAMBRIDGE!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 31st 2011
Published: October 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We said goodbye to Oxford and made our way to Cambridge to be greeted from my Great Aunty Heather, My cousin Charty and my Uncle Cameron. After a 2 hour bus trip and a small panic thinking we had missed our stop we were greeted from our distant rellies. We gave Uncle cam a hug goodbye as he hopped on his bus back to Heathrow Airport to head to Hong Kong and then back home to Brisbane Australia. (we timed it well to say goodbye!)
We headed back to Aunty Heathers home on the River Cam. She has such a beautiful cosy little home! After catching up about each others lives and giving her the gossip of everyone back home we had a first proper home cooked meal since leaving home! She cooked us a whole Greek chicken with baked potatoes with lemon and herbs and beans. It was the most delicious meal we had ever had away from home! That night we chilled out watching james Bond 007 casino royal with a few wines and then we hit the hay!

The next morning after a yummy warm muffin for breakfast we headed into the centre if Cambridge. We did another Hop on Hop Off tour of town again learning some more interesting facts about town. After window shopping we decided it would be fun to do a punt down the River Cam. (similar to a gondola) It was so much fun floating down the river and learning interesting stuff about the colleges from the punt man who was a student from Kings College. After our Punt trip we headed back home to Aunty Heathers and chilled in the back garden with her cute pussy cats with huge personalities! That night Aunty Heather who again cooked another lovely home cooked meal of Duck, potatoes and beans we hung out with Charty and Aunty Heather. After we talked alot and drank some really tasty wine we relaxed with a movie and then crashed out!

The next morning again after some really tasty muffins we said our goodbyes and loads of thankyou's to Aunty Heather and Charty and caught the bus to Cork in Ireland! It took us 16 hours to get the coach from Cambridge down to London then up to Reading then across through Wales and then into County Cork in Ireland. lets just say that we were extremely buggered, cranky and smelly!

Tune into our Next blog!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.636s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb