Bath!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 28th 2011
Published: September 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

August 28th & 29th -- Bath
Bath! Oh, I could live here! What a truly wonderful place! We stayed at a beautiful B&B close to the centre of Bath called the Villa Magdala that was less than a 10 minute walk to the famous Roman Baths and the beautiful Abbey. We took a tour of the Abbey and walked up the 220 steps to the top.

On our last evening, we went to the thermae spas. There are three different pools and a steam room, each on its own floor of the four-story building. The steam room consists of four separate clear, round rooms, each with its own fragrance -- sandalwood, lotus flower, frankincense, and eucalyptus. Floating in the warm water in the rooftop pool, we listened as the ten bells in the Abbey rang out over the city -- Bath! Oh! I could live here!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Restaurant in BathRestaurant in Bath
Restaurant in Bath

On the terrace at Jamie Oliver's Restaurant. Wonderful! Even had gluten-free pasta.
Friendly Bath residentsFriendly Bath residents
Friendly Bath residents

If you walk a dog, you'll meet people, or you can take David out with his camera you'll meet some remarkable ones!
On the way to the top of the Bath AbbeyOn the way to the top of the Bath Abbey
On the way to the top of the Bath Abbey

No one here has to go to a class to get fit! They just go to work everyday and climb the stairs!


Tot: 0.331s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb