oops - here is missing day 12!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 8th 2010
Published: October 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 12 Reeth to Richmond
Off to an earlier start today. There had been a noisy wild windstorm in the night and leaves were all over. About ¼ mile out of Reeth , we made a mistake and were off towards Grinton so had to turn back. Too bad as it looked like we were racing rain clouds. The walk was not bad and even the uphill was rather cool up through a wooded area. We continued over fields and stiles until we got to Elaine’s Tea Shoppe for apple pie and tea. After that we followed the trail easily and met up with a couple from Leeds who had done the trip about 2 years ago. They walked a few miles with us reminiscing about their horror stories and then told us how much they loved it. After saying bye to them we only had an hour and a half walk into town. Whereupon it started to rain so we layered up. First day we’ve been into town before the shops closed. This is supposed to be a decent sized town but no one sells digital cameras. I got to the hospital and was sent into the minor injuries department and they dressed my feet with some kind of cream (florzine?) that has to be on overnight and then I go back tomorrow morning to have them checked for infection. Very understanding and accommodating as well as free. We met Simon and Jane and arranged for dinner while they went off to the castle and we went to the internet at the pub (best alcohol drink so far is called Crabbies Original Alcoholic Ginger Beer). Dinner was at La Piazza2 - great spaghetti. My pedometer was accidentally put on pause for some of today but here is our best calculation. 28,327 steps or 11.1 mi.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb