The beginning...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the 7th of September 2010, Ruby and i set off for our trip around Europe.

My mum and Mercy took the day off school to see me off at the airport but Mercy had to go to school after lunch because she was all worried about missing out on drama so unfortunately my goodbye to her was a bit abrupt which was kinda sad. After dropping Mercy at school and giving her the biggest hug ever, mum and i drove to the airport. we managed to find parking pretty easily but got lost trying to find where to check in (trust) haha. The flight wasn't until 16.40 so we still had a bit of time to find out where we had to be, eventually, we found where i needed to check in and i got rid of my giant backpack, it's bigger than me!

It was weird saying bye to my mum at the airport and just setting off with only Ruby to Europe. Our mum's took a million photos while we were saying goodbye, which was pretty cute but unnecessary haha. Once we said goodbye to our mums we went to our gate and still had a bit of time so i bought a camera and we just walked around the airport for a bit before our 24 hour flight!

The flight went okay, we did manage to sleep a bit but it was pretty uncomfortable. We watched some in flight movies which was good for passing time and entertaining us along the way 😊. We stopped over at Bangkok which although we were only there for half an hour was quite the experience. The escalators spoke to us in another language and there was a prayer room, Ruby and i peeped in and there werre actually people praying on the floor which is so different to anything in Sydney. There is also a "smoking room" with max. 8 people allowed. it was so weird - it made the whole airport smell like cigarettes, pretty gross.

Ruby and i spent a lot of our flight laughing at this lady who would not sit down in her seat for more than an hour, her hair was almost covering her whole face and she just kept walking back and forth the plane looking all grumpy -we kept calling her the ring lady and making up music for when she'd walk down the plane aisle haha. we found this hilarious. Ruby was next to 2 nice people on the way, but unfortunately i was stuck next to this pommy bitch who wasn't friendly at all and seemed really stuck up. It's not like we were even annoying during the flight at all, we made her get up once in 24 hours! gr, people like that annoy me.

we finally arrived at Heathrow airport at 6am. It took us literally 2 hours to get through the airport as we have Australian passports - so annoying! once we finally got out of the airport we had no idea where we were going and had these giant backpacks - we managed to get ourselves pretty lost at the train station before jumping on some train that we hoped would take us somewhere more central. Originally, our plan was to spend the day in London and get a night ferry to Amsterdam but of course, knowing us, we hadn't properly organised anything. We managed to find the office in London where you enquire about ferries to other places but the lady had no idea what we were talking about and once she eventually figured it out, she told us it was full and we couldn't go tonight. By this time we were starting to feel very jet-lagged, and we were stuck in London with no plans! i quickly called my dad and got my cousins number, who lives in London. He was very happy to save us for the night, he even took our backpacks into his work until he finished so we didn't have to lug them around until he finished work. we walked around London for an hour or so until he finished, but it started raining so we had to run onto a bus and we ended up sitting under a shop and eating fudge that we bought from this lolly shop in London. it was actually really nice to just watch the rain and watch people walk past us. Once Anil, (my cousin) finished work we caught the train to his house in convent Gardens which is so beautiful! When we got there we were greeted by his lovely fiancee, Anna and a room for us with our bed already made! so nice. it was such a relief to have family there as i instantly felt more at ease and that everything was under control. I was so jet-lagged i started falling asleep on the couch at 8.30. We booked flights to Amsterdam for the next day so there would be no concerns in the morning and went to bed. We both woke up at 5am all confused but managed to sleep until 9.30 the next morning! so we got 12 hours sleep, which was so needed! The next morning we had a few hours at Anil's house to just chill and get ready to go again.
we decided that we would couchsurf on this guys couch in Amsterdam , but our plans fell through when we weren't willing to give him the 3some he asked for... freak.


there is still so much more but i will write more later xx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb