The Green Green Grass of Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
March 6th 2005
Published: May 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Alas, distinguished loyal readers- my sally into the far reaches of foriegn lands has come to an abrupt end, forced to fly home for reasons beyond his control- your intrepid narrator must cease his incessent ramblings and become a native rather than a forigner.

It has been a wonderful and varied journey and your company has been valued most highly- I shall end with a brief account of thailand and Malaysia ( i didnt manage to get to cambodia in the end )

Thailand was most interesting, full of tourists and quite like a giant holiday resort (in my experience) however, the temples and countryside are most striking- and of course the beaches are lovely. but plane loads of westerners is not my thing really. So i would recommend if you want a nice beach holiday but the country, well what i saw of it, has been royally ravaged by the tourism industry and many of the locales that i visited had the air of a young adults playground. mabye thats an unfair assessment but thats what i experienced.

I flew home from Kuala Lumpour after a 36 hour stay in the airport due to what i like to call a visa card misplacement incident, but i got home in the end and it is lovely to be home, abiet cold and wet. After my travels i can say there really is no place like it.

And so we come to the end of the final entry, I hope you all have enjoyed reading my 'blogs' half as much as i have enjoyed writing them, i apologise if the quality of my prose has, on occasion, fallen with my fatigue levels.


In Conclusion



My favourite places were St Petersburg and Prague (before the blog sorry!)

The Best food was in Thailand

The Trans-Siberian Railway was infinitly cheaper than is advertised on the internet and through companies such as 'monkey business', go to russia and buy the tickets there very very cheap.

A Russian Visa is much easier to obtain than the internet and 'monkey business' lead me to believe (travel agent)

5 months without exercise makes one fat and unfit.

Cheerio.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb