Family Time


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
December 13th 2009
Published: December 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

London!! Family time! Awesome. We spent two wonderful weeks with some of my family, relaxing, hanging out and just generally putting on weight. Our time there included my cousin's wedding in a castle in Scotland. A very posh affair which meant even we scruffy vagabonds had to dress up. It was great!

London was a heap of fun to cruise around and we spent more than one afternoon wandering the streets and checking out the sights. The museums alone had us enthralled for several hours.

We managed to squeeze in a day trip to Oxford in our second week. There we were regaled with lots of stories about the town and university on a walking tour. Our guide for the tour was a caricature of an Oxford professor. Imagine grey beard, hat, cane, three-piece suit and a very poncy accent. That was our man.

Of course you can't go to London without visiting at least one pub. We managed to squeeze in a couple luckily, catching up with old friends in the process.

Even though we were sad to leave London, our next destination meant more family time. Connecticut! Fall in Connecticut is gorgeous. Gabe's parent's house is surrounded by forest. It was all changing colour and looking bee-uu-tee-ful.

For one of the weekends we were in the States, all the Hartmann clan gathered for a bang-up dinner provided by Virginia and Tom. A special cake prepared by Virginia and Bea was definitely a highlight of the meal. Gabe's parents also treated us to a day in New York city with high tea at the Waldorf-Astoria and a trip to the Guggenheim. I felt very fancy!

We were lucky enough to catch up with our mates Matt and Ku-hee with their little man Kaden. Fun times as always were had by all. Need I say more.

Family time over, it was on another plane and off to Mexico!






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb