45 Days to go!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
November 19th 2009
Published: November 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So im having an 'i cant wait to get to Ghana' week this week. getting very excited about it all!!!

sent off my Visa app form this week. it cost me £78 all together inc. special delivery. say whaaaaaaaaat??

bit worried my passport is going to get lost in the post- and then i will have to leg it to London a MILLION times to get a new passport AND new visa. hopefully not. watch this space.

went shopping today. got my sleeping bag for the overland tour- and poss the house if the bedding isnt comfy- although apparently the temp drops about 2 degrees from the day to the night in Ghana so i doubt i will need it somehow!!!
SA is meant to be alot colder in the night- the Oasis overland people say get a 3-4 seasons one, but they were huuuuuge and cost a fortune so i went for a very nice red 2 season number. checked the temperature chart things and it looks like it will do. if not i will wear a jumper! (or find a friend!)

have written my list of things i need- its very short and Christmas is coming up so i dont think i will have to spend much more on stuff really. which is good coz im coming up short on my budget and had another day off sick last week.

so im generally just being excited and looking up lots of stuff about Ghana and Africa on the net. have also got a load of Ghanaian fiction to read- a parent recommended it as the best way to learn about a country.
have also been reading the PA handbooks and they are really helpful. although i have found out about this disease in fresh water rivers and lakes. apparently there are theses tiny worms from water snails. and they get in through your skin and then go in your intestines and give you a fever.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
no swimming in Lake Volta for me!!!

have also had a dilema with malaria pills. the 1 a day ones (doxy) which are about 14p a pill are an antibiotic and can give women thrush. if i get that then i know i will stop taking them lots to get rid of it. and dont really want malaria.
so the other option is larium- a 1 a week pill, which is about £2 a week. but this one gives you hallucinations and nightmares.

great.

either that or pay a small fortune for Malarone- IF i can get a prescription for long enough!

so that is the weeks dilema. to be mental or yeasty.

hahahahahahaahaha!!!

laterz

xxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb