Twenty 20 Vision


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 27th 2009
Published: August 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The second Twenty20 World Cup comes to England. A series of warm ups, group and Super 8 games at each of the three venues - Lords, Oval and Trent Bridge. The two Semi Finals were at Trent Bridge and the Oval with the Final at Lords.

The cunning ICC plan to rid the tournament of the lesser cricketing nations came unstuck, after Ricky and the boys failed to read the script. Milinga the Slinger and his gang gave them a few extra rest days in the Ashes warm up schedule than the ACB had anticipated and Netherlands gave England a similar scare.

KP probably struggling with his Achilles failed to turn up as the big hitter of the tournament and was joined in sympathy by the rest of his England team-mates in the Super 8 against South Africa. The Indian fans brought the proceedings to life with spectacular ground takeovers and were let down by their team. New Zealand flattered to deceive, which left Malinga to face the slow starters from Pakistan in the Semi Final at a rather boisterous Trent Bridge.

The photos show a selection of stars focussing on their task ahead and the real star of the show who makes any six worthwhile, umpire Billy Bowden.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Billy BowdenBilly Bowden
Billy Bowden

King of the Crooked Finger - Billy gives his verdict
Derick BrewerDerick Brewer
Derick Brewer

Notts Chief Exec gets his hands on the trophy
Nasser HussainNasser Hussain
Nasser Hussain

..............contemplating his next Sky commentary


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb