Chaning of the Guard


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

oh whats going on hereoh whats going on hereoh whats going on here

this is before they started feet shuffling... Winsor Castle
Some photo's from the chaning of the guard ceremonies at Winsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.
both over populated tourist attactions which is frustrating - lots of idiots around trying to go through the barricades or in the case of Buckingham Palace - climbing on the gates or running out infront of traffic - so the poor police were running ragged trying to keep the mob under control. Which made me realise I'd like to be one of the cops on horseback - one near where I was had a whistle and everytime someone did something they shouldnt have she'd blow the whistle and yell at them (of course she is English so it was very politely done) - sounds like the perfect job for me doesnt it...hehehe..

Enjoy the photos - some are blurry - like I said millions of people there and jostling about....and obnoxious a&^#$((s raving on like they know anything about it - and the Queen...

Ahhh the horse guards i almost forgot. I feel sorry for these guys - there are two of them on guard at the gates of their palace thingie near trafalgar square (which is a stone's throw from buckingham palace -
not sure who he isnot sure who he isnot sure who he is

Winsor Castle
you can walk in less than 5mins - just some perspective for yah) anyhoo 2 of them sit out there for hours at a time and have idiot tourists pose next to them for photo's. Ashley and I were walking past the other day and had abit of a laugh - of course they arent allowed to react at all etc but you could tell they were highly p&ssed off - they both had people hanging on to the reigns of the horses and so the guys kept just pulling them up - without looking - without blinking - pull up the reigns to knock the hand off...i am actually amazed at the things that people will do.. I'm sorry guys but I wont even photograph these guys while they are on guard - same with the other ones at St Jame's Palace. I refuse to be so obnoxious and get in the way when they are just doing their job...
Anyhoo the horse guards - blah blah blah - they are the only people in her majesty's service who get a pint of ale at the end of their shift...seriously....


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

hehehehehehe
hehehe

Winsor Castle
More guardsMore guards
More guards

Winsor Castle
A spot of marchingA spot of marching
A spot of marching

Winsor Castle
Here horsie horsieHere horsie horsie
Here horsie horsie

according to the a*#$(@#%S next to me - this was as interesting as watching paint dry - i made some comment to the effect of At least this country has some tradition unlike SOME - hehehe
London CabsLondon Cabs
London Cabs

Now officially involved in the changing of the guard ceremony. the ceremony has been significantly modernised to include this London Icon...they go around the palace on two wheels and then a mobile red phone box is rolled out in to the middle and the guards dance around it....
Queen vic monumentQueen vic monument
Queen vic monument

Certainly if ever a royal deserved recognition it was Queen Victoria.. she did quite well....
Here they comeHere they come
Here they come

Buckingham Palace
In they go...In they go...
In they go...

Buckingham Palace
Another mob goes in Another mob goes in
Another mob goes in

these guys might be the bad ones - they were sent in a different gate...
clsoe upsclsoe ups
clsoe ups

A potential husband for hen??
Horsie horsieHorsie horsie
Horsie horsie

Yeah i dont think they were involved too much - the yjust sorta came past- probably on their way to some horsie party...
Off they goOff they go
Off they go

back to the barracks - under the escort of black cabs and the mobile red phone box...


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb