April in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 27th 2008
Published: April 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well got up early and went to the airport on the bus- it really is possible to travel on public transport with heavy bags--you just have to be very strong to haul them up stairs and onto buses.
Good flight and onto England with April weather-- sun and showers every 5 minutes or so, cold and hot too. All the food shops and pubs were closed for some reason, so not a very romantic trip to Sheffeild. It was so very good to see Colleen and Bruce again and we talked heaps. On our day with them it was the only day of rain that we have had, but we went hiking along a beautiful lake - Derwent Water--this was where the bombers for the dam-busters practised. We also saw the museum in Sheffield too, then a lovely traditional pub meal in a small warm snuggly pub. Their house is lovely--old outside but very modern inside and a gorgeous garden filled with spring flowers. Many stairs that were honestly nearly vertical up to our room-my knees dont like england any more-although the rest of me loved it! I think I would like to come and live in England again.
Next day
Derwent WaterDerwent WaterDerwent Water

Where the dambusters practiced
, off to Berlin on Ezijet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sheffield - Cutlery statueSheffield - Cutlery statue
Sheffield - Cutlery statue

Made completely of items of cutlery


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb