Chapter finished in the UK and Europe...for the time being?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
November 16th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

No sand, stones and chairs. No sand, stones and chairs. No sand, stones and chairs.

A time to rest. Camping in Portsmouth with Helen.
It has come, the time to say farewell to such great friends, and such wicked memories here in the United Kingdom and Europe.

Since my last travels into Scandinavia, it has been mostly work. But theres always time for a few relaxing retreats. Recently ive been visiting parts of England; i had a wonderful week in Sussex (south of london), and i also had some more time down in Portsmouth, followed by a day trip to Brighton.


East Sussex, was another random adventure with helen and melissa. It was a time when we spent our time resting in the fields, and wandering. Our evenings were fulled with scrabble, reading, and local beer testing. It was a week, spent refreshing our souls. The village we journeyed to was called Blackboys, which was tiny in comparison to London, but beautiful. There was a YHA hostel, a local pub and a tiny shop that sold local bakeries and cheeses. It was everything that i had wanted. A week to bring you back to reality, back to the basics. The random adventure began by taking two useful bikes, and one (which is my 2nd and oldest bike) on the train down to this village. Before getting to the train the not so good bike, which melissa was riding, didnt even make it past the tooting high street before its pedal fell off. This is the bike that, did that to me twice riding over the river Thames. These are the reasons why sadly that bike was left in that georgous village, for some hopeful person. But overall that little adventure was brilliant, never a moment without something drastic happening.

Portsmouth was another trip away with the tent. A few days to experience a english beach with Helen. To my suprise, i had no idea that it would be stones and deck chairs. No white sand there. Portsmouth is a place on the map for massive naval history where you can spend days and days wandering around the historical sailing vessels and naval boats of today.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb