Day 25—London, Eurostar


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 10th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day started of well. Got to the tube nice and early. We knew where all the lifts were, between Earls Court and Waterloo were, as we did a dry run yesterday on our way to the London Eye. Got to Waterloo a little late though as waited for the 9.30am fare time. Once at Waterloo International, the Information man sent me to a ticket queue to pick up our tickets, but it was the wrong one. They then sent me to another, which was also wrong. We ended up getting our tickets with 3 minutes to spare and were initially told we had missed it and would have to get the next one. We ended up getting rushed through and jumped onto carriage 2. We then had to wind our way down to number 5. Checking in to the train is just like the plane, only you have to take your suitcases through the scanner and you have to lift them up and down for “staff safety”.

Well, we are on the train now and it is just two and a half hours since brekky, and the lunch menu has been passed around, and the kids are hungry, of course.

The train is half empty and our original seats were facing against the traffic, so we are 5 rows back from were we should be. Must log out now and let the kids watch a movie !


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb