2 Sep


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 6th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

2 Sep

I don’t know if I mentioned it earlier but we are now all in Toronto after meeting up in the airport at Minneapolis on Friday. The blog suffered from a few technical errors last night as we went to a pub of Shirley’s choice before writing it. What a weirdo joint it was. Friday night we went to the Hardrock café for dinner, the music was too loud but the service was excellent, we suspect they wanted to get the geriatrics out as we were lowering the tone of the place.

Yesterday we went to Niagara Falls, it was a cracker day trip, we got picked up at the hotel and the man on the bus provided us with an excellent commentary if a little over the top on names and dates. Although not the tallest falls we have seen on this journey, by far the most impressive, especially the trip on the “Maid Of The Mist”. Huge crowds as it is a long weekend here in Canada. We are off this evening to Manchester via Amsterdam so a rest day again today as we don’t leave until six this evening.

Here is a catch up photo of Ngai in the corvette, as the last one was only half a car.

3 Sep

A rest day today as we are off this afternoon for Manchester via Amsterdam.

4 Sep

We left Toronto last night and flew all night to Amsterdam arriving at 0600 a transit stop only and we left t 1015 for Manchester arriving here at 1030 due to the time difference. A bit of a nuisance in that one of our bags did not turn up and we have no fixed abode to have it delivered to, no doubt we will get it sorted. We drove 45 mins or so out to Sandbach where we picked up our Motor Home. The hand over took an hour and we were a bit early despite the delay at the airport so we had lunch at the local pub. It was full of people who sounded like Ben! Currently we are parked on a double yellow line outside a supermarket whilst Ngai and Shirley stock up with the basics and then it is off to find a caravan park.

Our first stop was in a campground in an unknown part of Chesire, reached by a route consisting of a great circle calculation and a myriad of lesser circles. We have yet to find anyone in charge. A kind resident took pity on us, opened the gate and gave us the toilet combinations etc. tomorrow we plan to be a bit better organised, we will get a SIM card for our phone, a map we can read and a book showing the location of camp grounds that was not issued about the time of the ark. Also hopefully we will get Tom’s luggage sorted.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb