FIRST DIVE THIS YEAR!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
August 10th 2007
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Up early on Sunday to get to Ray’s and drive to Gildenburgh near Peterborough to have a day of scuba diving. The weather was beautiful so a good day for two dives maybe (as I have a semi-dry, I get cold quickly are rarely do a second dive during the day).

Arrived at Gildie about 10.30 ish and noted it was busy but not too bad at the shoreline. Saw Pete and Ann who had just come up from their first dive as we were getting ready for our first. Really got hot whilst getting kitted up and a relief when we giant leaped in! A little murky but not too bad, saw lots of very little fish, upside down car and part of a plane. Following a rope, we thought was to the bus but was getting deeper and colder, decided to call it, did our safety stop and found out we were almost at the coach. Had to swim on the surface back to the shore - not easy!

Had lunch and saw Ian who was with Charlie and Gus, going to get ready for their second dive, had to wait for our tank to be filled but was nice to sit and watch others for an hour or so. Ann and Pete were up from their second dive and headed off home. We kitted up and giant leaped in again, heading straight for bus, going down the shot line, swam round the bus and headed away, finding plane and swimming back returned to the bus - were very impressed - although was a fluke!
A good day was had by all and slowing building up my dives ready for next trip to Eastbourne!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb