The Gower


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 7th 2018
Published: September 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

4-7 May 2018

We spent the Early May Bank Holiday weekend with a large group of Cave and Crag members at Oxwich Camping Park in the Gower, South Wales. The weather was beautiful the whole time.

On first day we walked on the coastal path round Oxwich Point and then to Port Eynon. For the return we went inland along old sunken footpaths which proved to be very muddy, so this was not a good choice.

The second day saw us taking the footpath inland near to the campsite past Oxwich Marsh then uphill to Penrice and the attractively located Penrice Castle which has magnificent views over the Gower coast. We returned through Nicholaston Woods past huge carpets of white flowering wild garlic and then along the beach back to Oxwich.

Our final walk took us through the dunes of Oxwich Burrows, a climb up to Nicholaston Farm campsite where we had our lunch in their café and then along the cliff tops to Three Cliffs Bay. The journey home was a drop down through Nicholaston Burrows and the along the beach again.

The weekend was rounded off royally when Graham and Lynn treated us to dinner at one of the local restaurants.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.43s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb