Lexie's second week in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Worcestershire » Harvington
June 1st 2010
Published: June 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The trip is fast flying by and we are over half way through our stay.

Lexie has continued to wow the locals this week, with the elderly ladies of the village asked round for tea - it was like a scene from 'Last of the Summer Wine' with 8 or so octagenarians watching Lexie play on the mat, and they loved spending time with our little poppet. She was showered with gifts and toys, which was so generous of everyone. Later on this week she also met mum & Dad's Stratford buddies, Auntie Ann & Uncle George and mum's old boss from work Jules. Everyone has been so keen to meet the girl that Grampy never stops talking about. Not sure how Granny & Grampy will cope when we go home!

When we arrived here mum and dad had a box of toys that Jemma had kindly donated with the cot, but also many toys I played with as a baby 38 looooooooong years ago. It was quite a trip down memory lane for me to be reaquainted with these rattles, plastic books and yellow squeaky dog.

On Sunday we held a family naming ceremony, throughout which Lexie 'bub bub bub'd and sucked her tights. Roo & Sarah, and Nic have all pledged their love and assistance as supporting adults, as did the grandparents. She was so well behaved again with smiles and cuddles for everyone. Mum and Dad had bought an 'Alexandra' rose which she planted at the end of the ceremony before champagne was served.

This coming week is the local village fete (very Midsomer Murders!) and meeting up with my college friends. We will spend some quality time with the family too, with Uncle Roo, Auntie Sarah, and Nanny & Grandad coming for lunch tomorrow.

Signing off for now, will publish some more pictures next week.
H



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb