Day 6


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Swindon
December 5th 2013
Published: December 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we are cycling to angkor wat and the official finish line.

Normal start time of 7am and we had a transfer by coach to see an ancient bridge at Kampong Kdei. This is an 800 year old bridge and just shows what amazing engineers they had in their time.

Then on our bikes!!

After lunch we headed through a very narrow pathway through the trees, lots of twists and turns. Very determined not to fall off at this late stage and luckily managed to stay on! At the end of this path we tried to gather into one group, not easy when there is 30 of you but this was the way into the finish line. Headed off down the road passing temples and water and then you turn a corner and can see Angkor Wat - absolutely beautiful. Lots of people though so got a bit mad with people in the road, coaches and bikes. We passed through and Global Adventures had made their own finish line which we all passed through. Very emotional finish, but so proud of us for competing every kilometre. Had some photos taken with the group and also the British heart foundation group. Plus a very special photo of me and Matt. By this time we had cycled approx 350kms over the five days with just a short ride to do tomorrow. Once we had finished our celebrations it was back on the coach to our hotel. A beautiful hotel awaited us and we get two days here!! Everyone went out for a meal and some of the group went to celebrate in a few of the many bars of Siem Reap. The town is not quite what I expected, very busy and seemed slightly out of place beside the amazing temples.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb