Down to see Al & Fi


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Stonehenge
November 29th 2004
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

What have I been up to?
Been a while since an update.

Had another trip up north to Ashbourne, big fun as always, full weekend with a comute to London on Monday morning.
Works alright, biggest headache is the computers, but Ive been told Im going to the top of the list as this thing is super shagged.
Had a great time at kiwi Johns bday party a couple of weekends ago at the blag club, followed on the Sunday night by English Alexs birthday at Underdog, complete with pirate fancy dress.
Me and some workmates have discovered a couple of bars around work with 2 for 1 happy hours on Friday nights, so they've become a regular fixture!

Spent this weekend just gone with Alan and Fiona down in New Milton, by Southhampton. Always nice to get out of the city, see some fields and even the ocean this time!
Funniest thing - Fi works in Christchurch! Twinned with our one, even down to the Avon river. Quite uncanny.
Saturday we took a tiki-tour down to Poole which was nice. Water wasnt totally freezing, but still wasnt going for a swim! Played some mini-golf and headed into Bournemouth to have some lunch and watch the start of the Aussie / England rugby game at the Walkabout. Biggest stall of fudge on the way there though, so lunch almost not needed! Down to their local pub that night for dinner, nice place, had an enormous yourkshire pudding with the roast cooked inside like a pie, was delicious. Good crowd of people down there, had a merry old time.

Sunday we headed out to see Stonehenge! Was so excited. Saw lots of mole holes on the way out there, nice drive through the countryside. Little bit blowy but was worth almost freezing to actually see the standing stones. Spent a while walking around, took a million photos, learnt some history. Amazing place, soem of the stones are 45 tonne a piece! Curved lintels, tongue and groove joints, the works. Came back through Salisbury, very old city, dating back to Medievil times. The most amazing cathedral and really neat village streets. People are friendlier out of London too. You can actually say hi to someone in the street without them staring at you like your barmy!
Back to work now, only 4 more weeks till xmas!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb