The First Few Days


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Marlborough
August 25th 2014
Published: August 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone, I have recovered from my jet lag and preparations for the world championships are in full swing. Yesterday we went to watch Jock have his final lesson. His horse, Promise looks amazing and Jock feels he has peaked and should be good for Friday when he does his dressage test. Jock, his groom,Anka and Promise headed off for the ferry from Portsmouth to Caen in Normandy this evening. We will follow in the morning. It is a 6-7 hour ferry trip and the horses say standing in the truck. The Canadian team were due to go this morning but had to find alternatives. No livestock was allowed on because the channel crossing was too rough. Horses can become sick but are unable to vomit and seasickness would make them very unwell. The seas have calmed now so hopefully it will be good for us tomorrow.



She is a real character. Tegan is well and is happily settling into her new home. It is a lovely house and very warm - fireplace, underfloor heating and double glazing. I met Tegans new dog Frankie the French Bulldog. She is a real character.





The weather has been truly English today - grey and wet today. Hopefully it will fine up in the next few days.





I am looking forward to seeing the French countryside. More photo opportunities to come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb