Bergen For Six weeks Has Gone, Now England.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Wiltshire » Corsham
July 14th 2022
Published: July 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Beautiful Patchwork PaddocksBeautiful Patchwork PaddocksBeautiful Patchwork Paddocks

This is one view I never tier of looking out over a lovely valley not for from home. Love the gentle countryside.
How time flies when we spend it with our Norwegian family. As explained in my last blog, life in Bergen with the kids is full of events and sport, with interesting places to be and some lovely family occasions. Great family meals with the kids. Great evening pancake Fridays at Rune and Lillians, and the opportunity to celebrate Sofia's birthday at Thomas and Anne Lena's house. So fortunate to be included in these family get togethers. The day before leaving Bergen we celebrated Lilly's 15 birthday as we would not be there for that occasion, and they would celebrate it in the sunshine in Spain. Our 6 weeks just disapeared but the memories of all that we did will remain with us. So, so nice to catch up with everyone and enjoy being part of the family 24/7. We are so lucky to be able to do this.

Now here we are in England with plenty planned for the next 4 weeks catching up with Pete and Helen, Alex and Georgie. Of course I will be in my element walking the English countryside on the walkways and lanes. I find the countryside so peaceful and beautiful. Pete and Helen have got the house and garden looking so lovely as always. Visited Alex and Kevon's new house which was great to see. They have developed the grounds so well considering they have only been in there for 15 months. Nice to see them settled and planning their next moves in their careers. Georgie picked us up from Heathrow Airport to drive us down to Corsham and also took 4 days off her duties in London to spend time catching up with us. So nice to see everyone after 4 years. Plenty planned for the coming weeks.

Have walked and walked around our local area, down country lanes and walking tracks through this beautiful area. Lucky to have the use of one of Pete and Helens car to get to some areas. Of course we have had a couple of trips into the wonderful city of Bath which we have got to know very well from our previous visits. We don't tire of it at all. Met up with Alex one day and she drove us to Margarets new house, then drove to a lovely village called Wedmore for a stroll around and morning tea. Market day was on so all streets were closed and lots of people and interesting stalls to look at.Then onto Glastonbury famous for the Glastonbury rock festival. {Missed that by a couple of weeks} Very interesting area and township. On a very nice day I caught a bus into Bath and then walked the Kennet And Avon canal path from Bath to Bradford On Avon, about 10 miles, so it was a 4 1/2 hour walk. Of course there was a refreshment stop of a beer and chips sitting at an old pub overlooking the Avon River. Magic. So our time is really taken up with visiting old villages, walking, getting lost driving the small lanes and generally enjoying ourselves.

Sometimes when I walk late in the evenings I startle a couple of deer feeding in the paddocks or a group of young people having a swim in a stream. Also, I run into so many other people out for a walk and quite often end up talking for a while. That is a part of travel that I love. Meeting people. On a few occasions I will sit down in a pub garden and will be soon having a discussion with other patrons, about various things. I meet some extremely interesting people who enjoy talking about local history and local happenings. The history of these places is fascinating and I do enjoy reading about it. Cheers to all. Pip/Rod

.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Lunch in Glastonbury.Lunch in Glastonbury.
Lunch in Glastonbury.

Alex, Di and Margaret.
Evening Meal and Drinks.Evening Meal and Drinks.
Evening Meal and Drinks.

A beautiful fire to keep us warm as we enjoy good conversation. Pete, Lance, Diane and Jane relax.
Hard At Work.Hard At Work.
Hard At Work.

Helen keeps the garden looking so nice.
Kennet and Avon Canal.Kennet and Avon Canal.
Kennet and Avon Canal.

One of the locks with 2 barges in it.
An Easy Walk beside the Canal.An Easy Walk beside the Canal.
An Easy Walk beside the Canal.

So quiet, peaceful and the country side is beautiful.
The Dundas Aqueduct.The Dundas Aqueduct.
The Dundas Aqueduct.

This is to give access for narrow boats to cross over the top of the Avon River.
A Reason To Walk.A Reason To Walk.
A Reason To Walk.

Give the perfect excuse to have some chips and a beer to keep the strength up. At a pub overlooking the Avon River.
Beautiful Vista's.Beautiful Vista's.
Beautiful Vista's.

Every where I walk there is always a view to make me stop and enjoy.
A Magic Home.A Magic Home.
A Magic Home.

We are so lucky to be able to stay here and enjoy the surroundings.
Di's Happy Place.Di's Happy Place.
Di's Happy Place.

Helens magic garden.


Tot: 0.35s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 96; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb