Ahh, the beautiful English countryside!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Yorkshire
November 17th 2006
Published: November 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Last Sunday morning (12th Nov) we caught the train from King's Cross to Guiseley, Leeds up north in Yorkshire. My (3rd) cousin, Lauren lives there with her husband, Ben and their gorgeous golden retriever Archie.


I hadn't seen Lauren in nearly 7 years, so it was fantastic to see her again and to finally meet her husband. Cameron met them both for the first time. They have a beautiful terrace house and we really enjoyed our three days with them.


Lauren's sister, Gemma (and her boyfriend), her mum and her grandparents also live in the same place so it was just wonderful to catch up with all the extended family again!


Yorkshire is absolutely beautiful. The countryside is just amazing.


Monday afternoon we took a drive to the Ilkley Moor and saw the Cow and Calf Rock formation at the top of hill. It was pretty windy and chilly, but just so pretty there.


Tuesday we woke up to some cold, drizzly, rainy weather but it cleared up in the afternoon when we went to Bolton Abbey - the old ruins of an abbey situated alongside a river. Lauren and I first went there about 15 years ago when we first met, so it was a nice trip down memory lane.


Wednesday we said our goodbyes and took the train back to London. Then it was out to Reading (about half and hour from London) to visit my Mum's cousin Alan, his wife Susan and their daughter Hilary.


We had a fantastic time catching up with them. They are so very nice and so easy to get along with. We had a very delicious meal that night at a pub near Alan's cricket club and the next day Susan and Hilary took us around Oxford.


What started as a cold, wet day turned into a beautiful one and we had a wonderful time wandering around Oxford. It is such a beautiful, old city and very, very......English!!


We had wonderful time staying in Reading with them. They were so welcoming and Hilary is such a funny, funny girl - never a dull moment with her around, especially when she's driving!!!!


Off to Jerez, Spain for the weekend for some warm and sunny weather.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

At a Pub in GuiseleyAt a Pub in Guiseley
At a Pub in Guiseley

Ben, Meg, Lauren, Darren and Gemma
At Bolton AbbeyAt Bolton Abbey
At Bolton Abbey

Ben and Darren with the dogs!
In OxfordIn Oxford
In Oxford

Meg, Susan and Hilary


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb