So the planning begins...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Sussex
September 9th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So... my gap year. A month interrailing around Europe... see places i've never seen before. At the moment it looks something like this...

London to Brussels - Where i'll spend one night, probably not long enough but i'm only really going there as it's easier than flying, and i've already seen a lot of the city before.

To Luxembourg - Spending two nights there. Not sure why i've chosen Luxembourg, but i'm facinated to see city, after finding out there are less people living there than the county in which I live.

To Zurich - Three nights. This city seems so beautiful that I just have to go there.

To Vienna - Two nights. Wasn't planning on going there, however to get to Zagreb I would have to go from one of five places I think it was, and Vienna was just the easiest to get to.

To Zagreb - Three nights. Again, I fell in love with this city from the pictures i've seen.

To Budapest - Two nights. Again, wasn't planning on there, but due to Zagreb, I need a way to get to Germany.

To Berlin - Three nights. Been wanting to go to Berlin for a while now.

To Copenhagen - Three nights. Wasn't intending on going here, but to be able to get the train up to Stockholm I would have to change trains here. But after looking at pictures I decided i'd like to see a bit of the city.

To Stockholm - Four nights, planning on spending a bit longer there as I have friends who live there.

To Amsterdam - Three nights. Have always wanted to go here, but never had the chance.

... and back home.

Possibly spending longer in a few places, as there are about five days spare at the moment.

So for... August or possibly September 2009... this is what I have planned.

Advertisement



13th September 2008

Zurich
...be sure to get to Lucerne for at least one day. Go see yourself some alps and a fantastic old town. Alternatively, go to Bern. We blew out of Zurich in a day and found these towns much cooler to explore. Have a fantastic trip!!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb