The Confessions of a Chocoholic


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Bournville
March 10th 2012
Published: March 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cadbury World! The home of some of the greatest chocolate in the world!

It was like I had died and gone to chocoholic heaven.

Candace and I went through the World @ Warwick group. We started out at Bourneville, the village created to house workers in the facotry. It was cute and we got some really good breakfast at a tiny little bakery. I really wish we had more of the little specialized shops back home. They are so much better than general grocery stores.

The tour started off with little shows giving the factory's history. They were cute, but the general experience was definitely geared toward kids. This could be especially seen in the ride, Cadabra. It was like Small World at Disney, except it was creepy cacao beans instead of creepy children. They sounded like Alvin and the Chipmunks. We were laughing the whole time.

Next we got to see parts of the factory and the chocolate making process. There was one woman decorating a MASSIVE chocolate egg. It was around 3 feet tall! The decorations were beautiful.

The tour ended with the store. There was so much chocolate! I got a bar that's 1 kg, roughly 2.2 pounds, plus some other products I haven't tried yet.

A very fun day, full of free chocolate and laughs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb