One Step Closer...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Birmingham
May 25th 2006
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok, testing testing, one two, one two. I guess this must be working but it's my first attempt at a blog entry - but so far, so good it seems. Right, where to begin?

Well, after weeks of waiting for the sale of our house to go through, the big day finally came on Tuesday (23rd May). Despite the best efforts of the buyers to screw us at the last minute for every possible penny, we signed the deeds and headed off to Birmingham to Glynn's parents' house. We'll only be here for a few days as on Saturday, we're finally off! That's right - Japan, baby!

First stop is Tokyo for 7 days, then we move on to Kyoto, Hiroshima and finish up in Osaka. We're all booked up as far as accommodation goes and we've even secured the services of a free guide (if you want to know how, check out www.tokyofreeguide.com). How cool is that? Thanks also to MyBus UK in London who helped us with our Japan Rail Pass. If you've been to Japan and can recommend anywhere in particular to visit, we'd love to hear about it. If not, hopefully we can inspre you with our adventures on here:-)

Anyhow, it's my birthday today (32 - eek!) so we're having a bit of a family get-together and a slap-up Chinese meal. Wonder how it will compare to the real thing when we get to China? I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Advertisement



25th May 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! TAKE SOME PICTURES FOR MEXXXX
26th May 2006

add comment - link works!
hi there u both, finally, the link works as you can c;-)))) once more - all the best for you for this special year!!! wish you amazing impressions, get-togethers and may this year bring you closer together than you are anyway...let love rule also if you got some argues ;-) and : enjoy yourselves!!!!! don't forget to send the one or other postcard to lonely esther...hahaha. hopefully I can invite you next year to munich into my new bigger flat, present you my new superb job and my coming husband....yeah. optimism is all. darauf heute abend das ein oder andere bier ;-)) and lots of bavarian beer next year for you!!! have fun and take care, love you, esther
26th May 2006

Good Luck
Wow! After a lot of planning, this seems to have happened quite quickly. We'll be keeping track of you on your blog and look forward to hearing about all your adventures. Good luck and have a lot of fun!!!
28th May 2006

Go For it...
Jude, I know you'll both have a ball with this and I hope you realise that, in addition to your packs, you're carrying all our hopes and dreams with you, coz we haven't got the bottle that you two have!! So long as your gastro-intestinal tract behaves in a manner to that of PVC pipe, you'll be fine. I make a point of always testing the local brew (wherever I go) and I guess you'll do the same. The only place this failed for me was Venice, when our hotel only stocked Tennents!! Enjoy everything, even the hardship, and keep safe. I'll even let you bore me with the PowerPoint show on your return. Love n huggs from the Swindon NC Posse!!
28th May 2006

Wie geht es Euch
Hallo Judith, hallo Glynn, wir freuen uns dass ihr gut in Tokio gelandet seit, und es euch gut geht. Wir wuenschen Euch viel Spaß und alles Gute. Franziska, Esther und Papa
1st June 2006

Glad you both made it ok, i hope it will be an experience of a lifetime, all still the same here with house duties, get some pics up will you !!!!!
1st June 2006

Good to see u off to good start
We are soo jealous of you guys, as one of the prev ppl pointed out took a lotta guts for you to do what ya did but from what I heard so far was worth all the hassles. Have a fab time and stay in touch. Lemm had Job interview today so hopefully we'll have good news to share next week. All going well we may yet join you in NZ early next yr ;-)
5th June 2006

LOVE YOU BOTH
HI KIDS JUST A SHORT NOTE TO SAY THAT WE ARE MISSING YOU LOADS .BUT WE HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR EXPERIENCE ,BUT PLEASE LOOK AFTER YOURSELFS .REALY LIKE THE PICS ,LOOKFORWARD TO SPEAKING TO YOU AGAIN SOON .LOVE MOM DAD AND LEE .PLUS THE DOGS

Tot: 0.349s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 19; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb