The Cotswolds


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire
September 21st 2011
Published: September 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

G'day

Well the sun is shining this morning as I'm sitting out in a beautiful garden of the B&B we are staying at called 'The Old Manor House' just outside Stratford-upon-Avon. The house dates back to 1550 & it's just remarkable that we are actually staying in somewhere that is that old!

We arrived in Stratford yesterday lunch time after another night in South Wales, then over the border back into England. Unfortunately the rain just hasn't stopped so it was nice to wake up this morning to some sunshine. We are taking an easy morning before heading out for a drive into the Cotswolds, Chipping Camden, Stow-on-the-wold and other interesting names.

Last night we had a fantastic night at the Royal Shakespeare theatre watching Macbeth, wow it was absolutely brilliant. The home of Shakespeare of course and the theatre was constructed like his would have been, in the round, and the drama and acting was unreal, we still haven't stopped talking about it even though it was hard to follow everything the drama played out was second to none.

Our friends Katherine & Bryan left for Santorini yesterday and I've just heard from them saying they are enjoying the sunshine, Greek feta cheese and plenty of wine, so we look forward to joining them for a few days this Saturday.

So only a couple more days left in the UK, we set off for Oxford tomorrow then on Friday head back to Londonand Heathrow to drop the car before getting on our flight at 10 pm to Santorini. Arriving there Saturday morning we have a few days before heading back to London on the Tuesday, then it's a day trip to Paris on the Wednesday the the last day in London on Thursday before heading home that night, back in Oz the Saturday morning, gee makes me tired just thinking about it!!

Still lots more to enjoy in the meantime, we hope you have all been enjoying the blogs, it is a bit hard to upload any photos without a computer so we will get them done when we get home.

Love to you all

G&M xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb