Betws-Y-Coed (Wales)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Wales » Conwy » Betws-y-Coed
September 18th 2011
Published: September 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Wales

Another few days have passed since the last blog and we are now in North Wales in a lovely little village set in the mountains near Snowdonia so it is quite cold and very rainy!!

We arrived yesterday afternoon after a lovely couple of days in the Peak District, Derbyshire in a village called Asford-in - water, beautiful countryside, not that we have seen any that isn't, we even did a 18 mile push bike ride along an old dis-used railway line to blow a few cobwebs away and hopefully shed a few extra pounds!!

We met up with Katherine and Bryan yesterday at Betwsy and because of the rain we found ourselves at the nearest pub catching up on what we had been doing over the last week over a few ales of course!

Then checked into our B&B, very nice but a little bit too posh as we were told to take our shoes off to enter the house!! Back out for dinner with the rain and mist falling into the valley, we had a wonderful night though and it was great to see them again, next time it will be in Santorini next Saturday, hopefully where the sun will be shining and the weather warm!

Ged and I drove through the mountains today to see if we would catch the train to Snowdonia but it was too wet and misty so decided to head to the Isle of Angelsey, passing through the town with the longest name (this is for you Katherine, as she can pronounce it!) Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
We then went onto Conway castle built in the 12th century, so not that very old! It was fantastic, we had some sunshine down the seaside and sat and ate fish and chips on the sea front.

Tonight we are going to the local church! To listen to a Welsh male choir sing, should be fantastic, so will let you know in the next blog.

Loves to you all

Till next time

Ged & Michelle

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb