To Sleep, Perchance to dream.... I wish...


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Good Morrow!!!!!!!
So, here we are in beautiful Stratford upon Avon, where we just left Shakespeare's birthplace...... how cool is that, i ask you. Anyway last you heard from me we were in Liverpool. After we left Liverpool, we went to bath. Here we decided to go and see the Roman Baths. We took the scenic route, which was actually another like 10 minutes added to our walk, but was well worth it. Mum, you would have been running all over the place, it was just beautiful. Anyway, we got to where the Baths were, but before we went in, we got something to eat and we ate right outside the cafe where we were first entertained by an elderly man on a flute, then by another man singing with a guitar. It was very nice. We went into the baths and took the tour there. It was so neat to be standing on 2000 year old stuff like we were and looking at the ways that the ·ancient Romans lived. All very fascinating. After touring the baths, we left and went ot our hostel, which was by far the nicest one yet. It was a 4 person dorm and included a shower and toilet inside the room. We were ecstatic. Unfortunetly, we had discovered that we spent alot of money that day, so we decided to drown our sorrows in the house wine. It worked maginficantly and we became drunker than 50 cats in a wallet (apparently a popular saying around here) anyway, after spending even more money, we talked with a man from spain, whose name sounded like Inka, so thats what we called him, god only knows if that is accurate. We went to bed and had very good sleeps after that. Yesterday, we woke up and due to the massive amount of money we had spent before, we decided that fruit was to way to go for lunch. We also made a stop at a costume museum in town which showed the dresses of people from centuries ago, up until very recently. It was very interesting. We then got on the train and left Bath. Then we got to Stratfor-Upon-Avon, and boy was I ever excited. We found our hostel, after being stuck on a bus with three ignorant and very annoying young boys for what seemed like an eternity. We got set up in another 12 person dorm (yeesh). The weather was not very pleasant outside so we decided to stay in for supper and do all of our sightseeing tomorow. We ate and then wandered around the hostel grounds for the next few hours.
Finally it was sleeping time, and exhausted,we went to our rooms. Then, unfortunely, I was rudely awakened at a very early hour in the night by something that sounded like a combination of a lawn mower, a chainsaw, and some large dumb dying animal all being shredded in a combine. To my surprise and misfortune, it was none of those things. It was however the snore of a 90 pound girl sleeping in the bunk next to us. The little hellian kept Jackie and I awake for nearly 3 hours until we finally got our earplugs on and drowned her out slightly, though she still could be heard. It was amazing as there was no shutting her up. the entire dorm was trying to subtley do it. Jackie would move in her bed loudly, and actually tried leaving the dorm and shutting the door lodly as well, I kept hitting the thin wall that separated the bunks, and another girl tried to cough loudly everytime she snored, but all to no avail. SHe just kept right on. So now I am very tierd and am wanting sleep.
As I said in the begining, we went to see Shakespeare's house, and after I was done hyperventalating, an had gotten over the near heart attack due to the excitement, I had a jolly good time looking at the room in which he was born as well as the pantry, kitchen etc.... it was honestly the neates experiance ever!
We are now going to go to see shakespeare'e grave, which should also be a thrilling experiance, must prepare myself for further hyperventalating, then it is off to London. Still missing everyone back home!
Signing off from merry Stratford - SARAH

Advertisement



Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb