Welcome to Stratford upon Avon !


Advertisement
Published: April 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Stratford upon Avon !




I fell in love with this quintessential English town long before I first visited it and each new visit is a delight in itself !


Shakespeare's birth town is attractive in all seasons and I love walking though the historic streets with their beautiful buildings and delightful shops, cafes and restaurants.


Over the years, Stratford upon Avon has really succeeded in its gracious transformation and I love the visual presentation now available at the Shakespeare's Birthplace which really takes you back in times with a very effective introductory "3D" presentation.


After years of building works, the canal area is finally complete and I just loved the way the Garden Designers laid English mixed borders rather than simple flower beds in the areas surrounding the magnificent bronze statue of William Shakespeare by the canal and its boats as the effect is simply stunning and yet so refreshing.


I love Nature and outdoors so I could not resist re-visiting Anna Hattaway's Cottage in bloom and Mary Arden's Tudor Farm and spent a delightful afternoon there as the weather was just perfect.


I highly recommend the Tudor Festival which takes place in May at Mary Arden's

Farm for its joyous mix of country scenes and period costumes !

Stratford upon Avon truly is a delight of a town, whatever the season !




Karim




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 36; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb