Days 11 & 12 - Cotswolds & Paris


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Warwickshire » Stratford-upon-Avon
September 28th 2011
Published: September 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was spent on a tour of the English countryside, lunch at the Cotswolds and a short stop in the afternoon at Stratford-upon-Avon (aka Shakespeare's home). The countryside was cute, however we didn't spend enough time in Stratford. I don't have much to say about it, so I'll just post a few pictures.

We travelled by Eurostar (aka the train that goes under the English Tunnel) to Paris, which was actually quite nice. The seats were comfy and the headrest comes around your head which was useful for a nap.
Paris seems nice so far, although we didn't do much due to the early morning. My mom did walk to Church of Invalides, where Napoleon Bonaparte is buried, while I napped. My initial, brief impression of the City is that it is quite nice and so are the people. It's a bit difficult without speaking the language but we've found a few helpful people who speak English. Tomorrow will be the touristy stuff. I tried taking a picture of the Eiffel tower when I saw it, but only had my iphone with me and it turned out blurry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Susanna Shakespeare's houseSusanna Shakespeare's house
Susanna Shakespeare's house

This was where W. Shakespeare's granddaughter lived.
CotswoldsCotswolds
Cotswolds

My mom had the "art" filter on her camera, so everything looks painted.
Graveyard Graveyard
Graveyard

somewhere in the Cotswolds. This is a graveyard in the church of St. John the Baptist, a few hundred years old.
Door outDoor out
Door out

I really liked the look of the doors.
BellsBells
Bells

These bells were from the 14-1500s and in the 1700s removed due to "imperfections"
Trout farmTrout farm
Trout farm

We had lunch at a hotel who's fish comes from the nearby trout farm. It was delish.
The School W.S. attendedThe School W.S. attended
The School W.S. attended

The dark portion that is. Our tour didn't enter it, but I believe there was a re-enactment inside.
W.S.' houseW.S.' house
W.S.' house

The remains of Shakespeare's house. It was removed by an owner after his death because he got annoyed by all of the tourists (in the 1800s?). Today there is an archelogical dig going on at the house, to find items belonging to William Shakespeare.
WS GardensWS Gardens
WS Gardens

planted as it would have been in his time.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb