Preparations!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Tyne & Wear » Newcastle Upon Tyne
September 3rd 2009
Published: September 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

St. Mary's LighthouseSt. Mary's LighthouseSt. Mary's Lighthouse

One of our favourite places around our home town that we will miss.
Well, we are almost there! After what feels like YEARS of buying all the smaller items and ordering medication (which seems to weigh more than my clothing) our packs are as full as we can handle - with room for future purchases of course! For reference I have taken a photo of the contents of my pack, layed out as neat as possible - this will be as good as it gets for a whole year, so take note. I look at it all and get a small thrill at the thought of living so simply, but at others a niggling feeling of unease at the lack of 'creature comforts'. No hairdryer, no selection of stationary, no anti-aging cream: arrgghh! Warren does not seem too bothered, but then he has always been a more 'outdoorsy' sort of person.

The other photos are of our 'practice hikes'; we decided that we should get accustomed to the weight of the packs in case we have to walk for a while to get to a hotel or station. So far we have completed 3 walks - each of 3 miles over varied terrain in the area. Actually, althought he packs look huge they do not weigh as much as you would think. Once the straps have been altered all the weight is on your hips so no back ache and hardly any complaints in the morning! Obviously the heat will be the main adversary when abroad but I'm not going to complain too much about that!

For those of you not familiar with our itinerary, we will be visiting the following countries (in this order), using various forms of transport both comfortable and 'economy'!
- India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Indonesia (Bali, Java, Komodo), New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and Brazil.
We may throw in a couple more places - depends on the time. We really can't wait to go - bring it on!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



3rd September 2009

packing
are you taking the teddy bear as well
3rd September 2009

Wish I was going.
Sun Glasses? in Whitley Bay? No need to go anywhere else then - why leave the centre of the universe! If you must go though, enjoy, and take care.
3rd September 2009

No - the teddy was just overseeing proseedures!
4th September 2009

Pack Size
Gee your pack looks bigger than Warrens! Must be those choccy biscuits your hiding?
5th September 2009

you can't spl procedures will miss you both loads and can't wait for a safe return. I'll keep your bedroom well not exactly as you left it but it will be there for you both on return. Might even put a hotwater bottle in for you as bound to be colder than south america or where ever yoy last stopped.
5th September 2009

Warren is standing at a different angle to me - they are the same! No biccies, althoug we have got cereal bars to get us through the first few days of strangeness!
11th September 2009

travel birds
Have a wonderful holiday Warren and Stacey and lovely to be able to get your blogs on line. Shall look forward to the next one. Hope you haven't got too many edibles with you as you'll have to try the Indian curry out!

Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb