CYCLINING IN WINDSOR GREAT PARK, SURREY, ENGLAND.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Virginia Water
June 7th 2017
Published: June 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

QUEEN OF ALL PARKS

Come with me, I will take you to a magical place called Windsor park.

It is a stone throw away from London and yet not many tourist know its existence. It a day trip and a time well spent while visiting London.It is the official Royal park for the Windsors and in fact Queen lives in the Windsor castle for which this great park serves.

Every park in the world have their unique charm and beauty. But none of them can boast the vastness, serenity, beauty and the majesty of the Windsor.

The great wide expanse of open meadows flanked by the mysterious Virginia-lake and the little Obelisk-lake is such a beautiful place so much so that the deers guard them jealously. The hidden clay-pond on the sidelines will surprise you by its secret-serenity. The great oaks that line the roads will evoke an awe in you by their majestic-size. The views over the lake to that distant white-house over the hill is something to behold. The dogs like little terriers, Springer spanules, Border collies and retrievers scurrying all around you will cheer you up. Ducks and Mallards will be thrashing and splashing the water and ever so gentle and graceful swans will swim past you effortlessly. People, young and old, wander about in this enchanted-land with an ice-cream in their hands and a smile in their faces.

The Roman ruins fetched from Libya adds to the ambience and the silver cascade water falls along the lake provides a place to relax and let your nerves calmed down by the sound of the falling water.

And then you reach the "Great-Walk" - 3 mile long walk to the Windsor castle. What a beautiful place to build a castle. You look down that great straight-road and marvel its majesty first and then saunter on it in a leisurely stroll to that imposing medieval castle.

This is a place where you can truly set yourself free like a bird to soar above the sumptuous valley gardens and the wide expanse of royal polo grounds to shed your cobwebs of your mind. Couple of weeks down the line you need to shed more of your cobwebs and so you are drawn to it, yet again.....only to repeat it, yet again.

It is a great park for cycling. There are so many roads and alleyways and woodlands with cycle trails to explore. Bring your cycle with you and you will enjoy the rides. This park is ginormous spreading across 2000 hectares of land and cycling is the best to way to see the most of it one visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.361s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 20; qc: 79; dbt: 0.2916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb