London and Brighton and on to Cornwall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Sutton
November 11th 2007
Published: November 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi there family and friends
We had a great time in Alconbury staying with Lesley and Denis and had a great lunch with Aunty Evelyn, Reg , John, Pierce and Denis. Thanks Evelyn. It's always special catching up with family. We lunched the day before at the Ferryboat in where they have been serving beer since the about 500AD's. There is a grave from 1100 odd when a lady committed suicide and so couldn't be buried in consicrated ground - she is in the middle of the pub instead. The winter morning walks are bracing but the scenery was so English and green-good for the soul. Our day in Cambridge was also interesting. The colleges are so grand and steeped in history. I'd recommend Denis and Lesley's hotel any time.
We are back in London having been down to Brighton and braved the wind on Brighton pier. Actually had lovely evening with old friends Haydon and his wife Amanda in Saltdean. What a lovely place! Chalk cliffs like in Dover. The pavilllion looked inviting but not enough time. Back to Carshalton for another night with Audrey. She's now got a hedgehog house for the hedgehogs to hibernate in - let's hope there will be some babies in the spring.
There have been lots of fireworks here. They sell them to all and let them off any time. Fireworks night Nov 5th - came and went but they seem to be lighting up the skies for days either way. Bit grim for the animals that hate them.
Traffic is a problem all round London though the motorways and other roads are really good. Driving the manual car has become second nature again and the Golf is comfy and economical being diesel. Not worth speeding as they have cameras everywhere and also average speed cameras to clock your speed between bridges.
Weather has been amazing - we've been really lucky. Bit on the chilly side but no rain. Looks overcast today though. We travel towards Cornwall today - going to stop at Weymouth or ????????
well chaps time to go and wash the bod and get ready for the drive. We'll be in Wales by the 16th and looking forward to seeing all our welsh relations and friends.
Take care and see you all soon.
Love and kisses Jayne and Kevin



Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb