Back to Reality!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Caterham
May 2nd 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

This is sadly my final blog! I arrived home on Friday after a grueling 27 hours travelling with stop overs, 3 flights and a few delays! I have to admit that when we finally tocuhed down at Gatwick it was a mixture of regret, relief but mostly excitement. Regret because understandably i would give anything to be back out there and be living the 'no worries' life style that we had become so acustom to! Relief not only because the 27 travelling episode was over but also the realisation that it would finally be time to settle down again and being back home also meant we didn't have to live out of a backpack anymore! It also meant a well needed detox and a chance to regain a grip of my finances and stop spending money i no longer had! Finally, excitement because i would finally get to see Mum & Dad, the family and the friends that i had missed so much whilst being away.

So, we arrived around 1pm on the Friday and after the typical commotion that goes with airport greetings and the jokes which were directed towards my physical condition we went to grab some lunch. It was nice to be able to catch up one to one instead of being divided by a big old puddle and a couple of telephones!

On the final stretch of the trip back Nick & I discussed our overall travelling experience and after the initial "so how was it" conversation we both decided that we were all probably the worst 'travellers' in the world! Although we saw a great deal of what we wanted to and went to the majority of places that we had always planned to, what travellers eat out at nice restaurants, stay in 4 star hotels with satellite tv and mini bar and spend there nights out in the nicest bars that we could find! We both concluded that another trip is almost without doubt a certainty and would definitely be needed to fill in the gaps!

From here on in its definitely a reality check! I arrived on the Friday and was already in work by the Monday, it was a shock but one that was needed to bring me back to reality! Its been nice to see the people that i have over the weekend but i cant hide away from the fact that i would give anything to be back out there with the others!

All in all, the last three months have been unbelievable! I have seen more amazing sites in the last three months than i have in the last 19 years and i have made friends whilst travelling that will always share a special bond! Its sad to be back but in the same way I'm glad. All good things come to an end and travelling was definitely one of those good things that had to end some time and i think the 3 months we had were ample for the way we did things! As i said, we weren't the best 'travellers' in the world but you make it what it is and i have absolutely no regrets!

Thanks for all your comments and i hope you enjoyed the bloggers and stories that went with them!

See you all soon!

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/JonnyD

www.1stopchiangmai.com www.1stopbangkok.com www.1stopphuket.com www.1stopkrabi.com www.1stopsamui.com www.1stoppattaya.com


Advertisement



3rd May 2006

Well Done
Well done Jonny!!! Hope u had a brilliant time around the world (or the oriental). Hope to see u soon, or more precisely in 3 weeks time, and till then take care and relax at home ye cousin Toby xxx P.S Was the food good?

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb