Visit to Museum of East Anglian Life, Stowmarket


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk
April 8th 2010
Published: April 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post



I told John & Mary that we have planned visiting the open air museum near Sapporo while we're travelling in May. They thought it would be a good idea for us to visit the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket on 1 April 2010.

The entrance building was near the Somerfield Supermarket. As expected, there were loads of traditional farmhouses, agricultural tools, old-fashioned vehicles and devices, and models of Victorian rooms, shops, and different types of machines and engines displayed on the site. It was interesting to see the models of Victorian school with furniture, tailor shop, chemist, grocery shop laden with authentic products such as Oxo or Sunlight Flakes and a poster of warning the use of nervous pills. John was keen to see the designs of examples of early steam engines, thrashing machines, boilers, ploughing devices, and construction of the old mill. We looked round the exhibition rooms, e.g. the clock shop, the wheelwright's shop, brick making shop, which were displayed with devices and equipment which makers used and examples of products. We continued exploring the meadow surrounded by the farms. The cold weather seemed to have discouraged farm animals, and we only saw a few deer on the meadow. Cream and yellow daffodils were blooming on the ground and they were harmonised with the brick mansion, i.e. Abbot's Hall.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 36; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb