Christmas in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Suffolk
January 1st 2008
Published: January 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Aunty Liz Aunty Liz Aunty Liz

helping make the fruit salad

Christmas in England



Well what can I say. England is just what you imagined, especially if you imagined the countryside like something straight from a Jane Austin novel! Absolutely stunning. But anyways, I arrived in england on the 22nd of December '07 after a 2 hour train trip to paris followed by another couple of trains to the eurostar station and then the 2 hour euro star trip followed by an hour trip from kings cross to cambridge. Lets just say I arrived knackered and laden down with all the things I'd accumulated whilst in Dijon as well as christmas and birthday presents.
Once i'd met my grandparents in Cambridge we drove down to their new place, it's really cute and I don't know what grandma's going on about when she says its too small! Nonsense!
My time in Bury St. Edmunds was great, and soooo relaxing, grandma and grandad where so nice to me 😊 we went shopping in town and i got some new boots, we went out for coffee, had a couple of pub dinners and just enjoyed each others company. This was just what i needed as I'd been having wwwaaayyyy too much fun in Dijon! Aunty Liz came down for a couple of days over the christmas period and it was really nice to see her again. We went to the gym wiht grandad and hit up the midnight mass at grandma nad grandads local church/parish? It was a beautiful service and didnt feel nearly as long as they normally do! Whilst Liz was visiting we also went to an estate nearby where we walked through amazing country side. We did this on boxing day and it was amazing how many people had the same ideas, there was families everywhere and dogs scampering around. It was so surreal.

Christmas was amazing, grandma put on a huge and delicious spread for us. We had turkey lunch with ham and tonnes of diff veggies, we had champers and wine and mince pies, christmas pudding... christmas cake! you name it we had it, and all for the 5 of us! Gaddy came down for chrissie day so we had an english family bash 😊 unfortunatly though it did snow, sigh. Ah well, im coming to learn that its only tourists that want snow, everyone else seems to hate it. ah!

After all the christmas festivities we had grandma's bday, so we went out to a nice fancy pub called the crown, although we passed a couple of pubs also called the crown, so how you know which one you're referring to really confused me. It was a nice night though, we had great food and nice wine and went home very content.

Megan arrived in London on the 28th and I travelled up to London from Cambridge to meet her and bring her back to my grandparents. We stayed in Bury until the 30th when we then caught a bus up to London for the first leg of our trip. It was nice to be in Bury with grandma and grandad and the copious amounts of tea that i drank whilst there has been hard to kick! But more on that in the London entry.

Lots of Love, Camilla


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb