Heading out today (maybe)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » South Yorkshire
October 8th 2012
Published: October 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well, today's the day to head out on the road. Or maybe it'll be tomorrow, depending upon how things slot into place.

Saturday was pretty hectic, picking up a mattress for the van, getting the final things to fix the panels to the walls of the van, and then heading out at 3pm for a wedding afterparty in Croydon (3 1/2 hours south). Got a call whilst at the hardware store (B&Q - even bigger than Bunnings Warehouses!!) that we were invited to the reception and it started at 3pm. So rushed home, got changed, had me added to the car insurance, and I got to drive us in the Nissan Micra down the M1. Got there at 4pm, luckily the reception hadn't started. Anyway, good food, nice people (Congratulations Angela and Darren - Angela being Sarah's friend). The afterparty was good, I left at 11.30pm, Sarah around 4am as she was catching up with various long lost friends.

Sunday was sleeping in, leaving at 10am, going back to hotel to pick stuff up, a tour through London as dropping person off, back in Sheffield 4pm, Sarah tired, me taking dogs for a walk whilst she ordered Chinese takeaway, watched TV. I went to bed at around 8pm.

Upshot of all this was that nothing got done on the van, but I found that the Nissan Micra has really good pickup but isn't great above 70mph. Would be great between Port and South Hedland.

Hence we may leave today(Monday) but may not. LMAO.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb