All Tomorrows Parties


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So i made it to a Music Festival in Minehead, Somerset. It was held at the Butlins Family Resort.....that was a weird yet interesting experience in itself. Think a camping ground only no tents just cabins, but also include games arcade, cinema, ropes course, hydro slides, restrauants, bars, and a carnival all in the same compound....it aparently began in the 30's after the war, when factory workers and their families couldnt afford to go away on holiday and so went to these parks by the seaside instead....think hi de hi.

This music festival didnt headline the usual mainstream artists or bands but instead a lot of Indie Bands, so there were a load of little indie kids floating around in their skinny jeans, tight t shirts, tattoos and weird as hairdos, or you had the other extreme where there were older people in what looked like their pyjamas, big fluffy hair and tattoos. Interesting but all good at the same time.

There was only one song i even remotely had heard of and it was a Patti Smith song that i have heard on Classic Hits at some point or another while milking cows. There was a lot of music i had never heard before and most of it i enjoyed. Got to learn a bit about Bands that arent played on the radio 24/7.

An experience i enjoyed!!! The photos will give you some idea of my weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb