Pic goes to the seaside


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Williton
April 10th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

View through the WindowView through the WindowView through the Window

Too nice to stay in the van so we used our flask to make our individual filter coffees and then sat on a bench overlooking the sea.

Visit to the sea


We set off for Devon. We realised we wouldn't make the coast in Devon by lunch, so we made a detour for to Blue Anchor Bay near Minehead. Free parking, a not too bad holiday caravan park and the West Somerset Railway.
We made a picnic and had a short walk along the beach. We sat on some rocks to eat and looked out to sea. Perhaps we will come back and look to staying on Exmoor.

Visit to the pub


We carried on to Pic's birthplace at Lee Mills near Plymouth. We had our evening meal at the Westward Inn. The steak and kidney pie had plenty of kidney.
The Folk on the Moor folk club was very welcoming and well attended for a singers night. The mc for the night was not a lover of Bob Dylan, He was reputed to walk out when someone played a Dylan song. The regulars had all learnt Dylan songs (and as he has MC he couldn't escape). Very nice subterranean room with lots of atmosphere.
The landlady was pleased for us to stay on the car park overnight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Steam in the HillsSteam in the Hills
Steam in the Hills

The West Somerset Railway has a level crossing at the end of the beach and then has a long straight run towards Minehead.
Steam at the SeasideSteam at the Seaside
Steam at the Seaside

As you can see a very nice day to be beside the seaside.
Pic waitsPic waits
Pic waits

Parked on a pub car park for the night.
Pic among the PrimrosesPic among the Primroses
Pic among the Primroses

The morning after attending the Folk on the Moor Singaround. There was a cue for a song, "The Banks of Sweet Primroses"


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb