travel day 13: Bath


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Bath
June 6th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post


went to bath today which is an hour and a half from London. we all took a train. there really is very little difference between taking the first class coach or taking the regular one with the exception of a bit more room and one including food (and beer!) with your seating. riding trains is very relaxing. once we got there, we walked to the roman baths. it was interesting and i think a lot of people would learn things from visiting it. after spending about a hour there, we tasted the mineral water made from the roman baths. it was okay. i heard people say it was horrible but it wasn't that bad and worth trying. we then went to get some lunch. we went to this expensive vegetarian place my heard about and you could also pay for cooking lessons. i would have taken the lessons but because it was so expensive, i past on it. the food was good but not worth the money. we then went for dessert at this famous place called sally's luns which has these buns everyone seems to love. OK you guys who said how good these buns are must be getting some money from sally's lol. the buns taste like large stale hamburger buns with butter, jam, or lemon curd on it. my mom and i made faces like "what the hell?" when we ate them. my dad got their carrot cake and said that it tasted like the Sara lee shit you get from the frozen section at the market. after eating, we went to the costume museum. it was fun and included with buying a ticket to the roman bath museum. my dad and i weren't that interested and we were done in about 15 minutes. my mom was done in about 40 minutes. we walked around afterwards and decided to take the hop on, hop off bus.oh wait. my bad. we took the hop on, hop off bus earlier to take us to the costume museum too. we just decided to take it again and we were just there sitting the whole time. bath itself is a nice town but there really isn't that many stuff that appealed to me. its worth half a day trip but not a whole day. we had to kill a few hours because our train wasn't going to leave till about 6. we spend about half an hour also at an Internet cafe. that was really how i spent my day. trains and bath. nothing that exciting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb