Bath


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Bath
October 10th 2007
Published: October 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bath 1Bath 1Bath 1

Someone has used too much Toilet Duck on this one
Bath had escaped us the first attempt, but we were determined to catch it the second time round.
The Roman Baths are quite a sight!
It's a little bit of a shame that they have been built and rebuilt so many times that it is hard to fathom which parts are old and which is new, but the main pool is still quite incredible.
There was a bit of a chill in the air and there in nothing we would have liked to do more than jump in the pool, (we could see the steam coming off the water).
Unfortunately, we were told not to go in the water, or touch it with any part of our body.
I can understand this as the water was an unusual green colour and was apparantly untreated, but I stuck a finger in anyway, and it didn't do me too much harm.... PENGUIN!
We were also treated to a Roman proclamation by some dude in sandals and full roman getup.
Not quite sure if he was just some random who liked pretending he was in ancient Rome or actually part of the paid-for attraction but he seemed to be enjoying himself.
The rest of
Bath 2Bath 2Bath 2

Random Roman Dude
Bath provided some above average shopping, and as it would have been rude not to, we spent a few pounds.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bath 3Bath 3
Bath 3

My Bumble-Bee impression - I think there's talk of an Oscar
Bath 4Bath 4
Bath 4

I feel toilet
Bath 5Bath 5
Bath 5

Fiddle-dee-dee


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb