Wales here we come


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Bath
June 10th 2007
Published: June 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just completed the Cornish chapter. No more pasties and cream teas. Progressing onto Welsh cakes and leeks. Visited lots of beautiful places, cute fishing villages including Mousehole complete with its cat and glorious beaches being pounded by turquoise seas. Lands End was a little commercialised but the cliffs were spectacular. Nearly visited Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Watergate Bay but read the menu and decided to sniff the smells eminating from the kitchen instead. It worked out being much cheaper. Spent a stunning night on the middle of Dartmoor, lots of mares and foals trotting about, skylarks twittering above and at peace with the world. Sounds very ideal at the moment, mind you the sun is shining, if it was raining I'm sure we'd have a different tale to tell.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Coastal pathCoastal path
Coastal path

Padstow, where are you?


11th June 2007

Depressed Daughter!!!
Hello..... Just back from India and finding work less than inspiring, so filling time updating your blog with my own adventures!!! India was fab and fun filled and despite the weather being ridiculously hot (37 degrees +), have yet again managed to remain my usual pasty white colour rather than the glorious golden brown everyone else seemed to be sporting! Never mind eh..... Visited some amazing places, inc. historic cave temples in Ellora, and the Pink City (Jaipur)....also managed to lose my passport in my first week.....found it the next day though, so all good and no horrendous police station trips or embassy nightmares....phew.... Naturally planning next trip and thinking back to India in November for Diwali, but before that I have exciting weekend trips in England planned, staying in the exclusive silver van, in a field somehwhere!!!! I hope you are enjoying sunny Wales....lots of love Lisa (aka abandoned Daughter!!!)

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb