Evelyn & Jess - HAPPY NEW YEAR and WELCOME TO 2015


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire » Albrighton
January 7th 2015
Published: January 7th 2015
Edit Blog Post

LORD MAY MY HEART BE BROKEN BY WHAT BREAKS YOUR HEART
Bob Pierce founder of World Vision



On Wednesday 24th December We attended St Marys Christmas Midnight Mass. It was again great to be part of a congregation that filled the Church. The service followed the traditional midnight Christmas service and was led by The Venerable Paul Thomas, Archdeacon of Shrewsbury, whose sermon was based on 'The Tale of Three Trees' which is a favourite children's picture book by Angela Elwell Hunt / David C. Cook. The powerful message that God has a special plan for our lives permeates through the story of three trees that have dreams of what they want to be when they grow up. Years pass and eventually woodcutters come to their mountain. Each tree finds itself in a place they never desired to be, yet in the end - "God's love changes everything.

Thursday 25th December and St Chads Christmas Day Holy communion service at 9.00am was very well attended. Evelyn gave prayers for the people and Jess helped out with Holy Communion. It's always great to be involved in a Church service.

Friday 26th December saw our first SNOW for the winter. Large white flakes that did not stick but melted as they hit the ground. It was great to see and we look forward to more in the coming days/weeks.

The weather since Boxing Day has been cold, very cold, with temperatures dropping as low as -8 overnight causing severe frost and only reaching 3 degrees during fine, cold and sunny days.

Sunday 28th December was a Combined Benefice Holy Communion Service held at St Cuthbert’s. It was good to see so many people from the three churches worshiping together.

Apart from Sunday 4th January being 'Epiphany' Sunday it was also the first Sunday in the month at St Chads a 'Family Service'. We were given the privilege of leading the service and of course this included the talk. We decided that as Epiphany deals with the Wise Men and their gifts to Jesus we would talk about our BCA Journey and the gifts given to us on our Journey. The service was well attended and we both felt God's presence as we led the congregation in hymns & prayers.

The service was followed by tea/coffee and the last of the Christmas cake and mince pies.

Next Sunday 11th January, will be the last service held in St Chads church as renovations are due to commence on Monday 19th January. The Church will be closed for approx. 10 weeks and service will be held in the old school hall next door. It is and exciting time for all at St Chads as years of discussion, planning and fund raising come to fruition.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



8th January 2015

How can you stand the cold ?
Come back to the warmth and beauty of Australia before you freeze to death. The only little problem with Victoria is that it is the most bush fire prone area in the world. If you refuse to take my advice, you'll have to put up with freezing. We send our love to you both, just the same. Bob and Phyllis.
8th January 2015

WONDERFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS FROM ALL US HERE AT MALLACOOTA AUSTRALIA XXXX YOUR BLOG IS VERY INTERESTING ALWAYS.
9th January 2015

Jack Frost paints a beautiful picture but how many pairs of socks and gloves must you wear?
Holy Trinity is not the same without you. Happy New Year to you and yours. We hope it is you best yet. With love Val & Brian.
14th January 2015

Happy New Year
Hi Jess / Evelyn, Happy New Year to you both, a little belated I know. I must admit I don't miss the cold and darkness around this time of year as you're getting over there, but there is still something magical about England and Christmas time in the frost and snow. Hope you are both keeping well. Alex, Ivanka, Zara & Joel.

Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb