Oxford - A Little Romance in a little place!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
October 4th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It was a special day to mark in this year & the last year, I bought two tickets (For Nanu & myself) to go to Oxford on Mega Bus. The night before the departure, I checked TFL website to have a fair idea of entire journey time from Leyton to catch the bus around London Victoria. I thought that I should be well-organised at least this time so I even had a look on Met Office website to get a clear picture of the day, we are going to spend.

It was a chilly morning when we left Leyton. As always we were in a hurry as we realised that ever slow District line is taking a little more than thirty minutes to cover ten underground station a lot more than what we expected. I get panicked as soon as we arrived at Victoria. We run every direction to find an exit to the road. It was not a great start for us. We ended up breathless and sweating early in the morning. We still had more than ten minutes to wait for the schedule departure time! We are running ten minutes ahead of all other Londoners!

The bus pulls slowly ahead of the empty streets through the central London. Apart from stopping at one or two places, the bus journey was pretty straightforward. It was at ten in the morning when we got off the bus in the High street. It was still chilly and most of the shops are open and waiting for a weekends shoppers.

First thing, we did was to go the post office. Then we headed to the tourist information centre to get a city map. The oral information was free of charge but we had to pay to get printed information so we decided to follow up our own map.

Oxford was a pleasant place to be especially when it is less windy and chilly. Oxford is home to the oldest English speaking university in the world. Every buildings here reflect English architectural period since the arrival of Saxons.

The city of dreaming spires gave us a wonderful opportunity to explore thoroughly. We were forced to visit two museums in the city to avoid being frozen. Early morning sunny spell disappeared around the lunch time. The whole afternoon was cold and windy.

When the first spell of rain drop downs, it was the time to leave Oxford.





Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 98; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb