BOB


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Horley
June 3rd 2013
Published: June 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

IMG_00000161IMG_00000161IMG_00000161

Goodbye England
Leaving England; Saturday, this day is about getting myself from London to an inn located in Horley, a small town 5 minutes from Gatwick airport. I took a cab from the hotel to Victoria station, a main hub, so a very busy place, you want to make sure you are queing (waiting in line)for the right tickets, you would hate to be in the tube que if you want train tickets. Lucky for me my cab driver directed me, it pays to tip.

It's a nice relaxing ride to Horley and the inn was just a ten minute walk from the train station but when you have a lot of luggage a cab is necessary. Horley is likely the size of Palmerston, so not too big, be prepared to wait a few minutes for the cab.

The inn was quaint, kind of like a boarding house, my room had a single bed, desk with a chair and a bedside table, no room for anything else. It had it's own bathroom, small, you could sit on the loo and put your feet in the shower at the same time with sink in between, the most efficient use of space I've seen. All was good and it was very clean. A couple other neat things, the room key was a skeleton key and there was a "local" pub on the main floor at the back. The price was right too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb